Energy conservation is an area in which everyone can become involved, and Santa Clara University looks forward to being a leader in it. The simple task of turning off unused lights will greatly assist in conservation efforts.
一道本不卡免费高清Santa Clara University was recognized by the EPA as a leader in reducing carbon emissions and purchasing green power.
Santa Clara University recently was recognized as a top performer for Waste to Energy totals. In 2010, Santa Clara diverted 1.72 tons of filter waste from the landfill and helped to generate 1032 kWh of renewable energy.
- Faculty & Staff
- Apply power saving features on the computer.
- Keep doors closed to reduce heating and cooling.
- Leave fax machines, printers and copiers in standby.
- Utilize Surge Protectors instead of extension cords.
- Wear layers of clothing, so you can acclimate to your personal temperature comfort.
- Purchase smaller, more efficient appliances.
- Turn off appliances when not in use.
- Turn off lights when exiting your residence.
- Unplug chargers once devices have reached full capacity.
- Utilize Surge Protectors instead of extension cords
- When at Home
- Run the heating and cooling ONLY while you're at home and awake.
- Take short showers instead of baths.
- Use timers to turn On and Off items around your house.
- In times of power shortages, refer to these Energy Efficiency Tips for ways that you can assist in conservation.
Facilities Response to Concerns
- Installation of energy efficient windows.
- Installation of motion sensors for overhead lighting.
- Remote monitoring and adjusting of interior temperatures.
- Enforcing the SCU mandated "acceptable temperature range of 68°-78° for all air conditioned spaces on campus.
- provides information ranging from simple conservation to easy to do energy saving construction tips for your home.
- provides information from a political and global view, concentrating on finding renewable energy sources.
- is dedicated to protecting human health and safeguarding the natural environment.
- is the power supplier for Santa Clara University and a company truly dedicated to resource conservation.
- Sustainability at SCU, Energy Conservation.
Sustainability at SCU
"Meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs." -The Brundtland Comission
Visit the SCU Sustainability website to learn more about environmentally friendly lifestyle changes and the Sustainability Pledge.