Following Santa Clara University's commitment to a more environmentally conscious campus, the Facilities Department utilizes over 30 electric vehicles in its daily operations.
一道本不卡免费高清Recent acquisitions include Ford "Think Neighbors," efficient, battery powered, low speed, street legal automobile, endorsed by the United States Federal Government that makes dramatic reductions in emissions and noise pollution.
- Releases 0 emissions
- Reduces noise pollution
- Turf mode for off-road driving
- 8 hours to receive a full charge; cost $0.50
|Compact Car||Ford "Think" Neighbor|
一道本不卡免费高清*Compact car represented by a 2003 Honda Civic Coupe
The typical American spends around $50.00 to fill up at the gas station, traveling 350 miles. The "Think Neighbor" could travel 2,293 miles for the same cost.
Daily Uses for Electric Vehicles on Campus
- Landscaping: The small wheel-base and large interior makes accessing landscaping spaces easy. In addition, the lack of an internal combustion engine allows landscaping to occur in the early morning hours without disrupting sleeping students.
- Recycling: Recycling and Waste-Management utilize electric vehicles to pull a collection of tilt carts around campus. The small size of these vehicles allows waste collection to continue throughout the day, as the vehicles travel the pedestrian sidewalks throughout the interior of campus.
- Custodial: The custodial staff is benefited by the new Think Vehicles, as they are better able to deliver supplies to the various buildings. The silent driving benefits both students and working faculty/staff as custodial activities continue 24 hours per day.
一道本不卡免费高清Landscape vehicles are capable of hauling green waste, flowers and other various items.
Sustainability at SCU
"Meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs." -一道本不卡免费高清The Brundtland Commission
Visit the SCU Sustainability site to learn more about environmentally friendly lifestyle changes and the Sustainability Pledge.