Currently, there are three archaeological sites within SCU campus boundaries that are eligible for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places: the third location of Mission Santa Clara, also known as the Murguía Mission (CA-SCL-30/H); the Alameda Native American Burial Site (CA-SCL-755); and the Eberhard Privy (CA-SCL-761H), associated with nineteenth-century residential occupation of the area. Residential and industrial occupation and development of the land have left traces in the archaeological layers found throughout the campus, and these periods of occupation often overlap one another in the archaeological record. The CRM facility is the repository for the collections generated (artifacts, field notes, books, maps, databases, photos, and other documents) from archaeological data recovery on SCU-owned properties.
We do not currently offer curatorial services for archaeological collections from non-SCU projects.
Scope of Collections
一道本不卡免费高清Approximately two-thirds of the collection comes from American Period (post-1850) contexts, with lesser percentages, respectively, of Spanish Colonial (1777–1822), Mexican Period (1822–1850) and pre-historic materials (400 BP-1770 AD). In addition to these materials, CRM FACILITY also houses historical information (artifacts as well as documents) from current and previous excavations and construction projects, as well as several large “orphaned” collections. For more details, click here.